The core values of our server:
- Stable — We are a stable community. Our core group has been gaming together for over 10 years, and our Minecraft server has been running for over 4 years with 99% uptime.
- Fair & Legit — We do not spawn blocks, items, or play in creative mode; and we don't artificially inject items into our world with economy plugins. Everything on the server is built with the work and dedication of the players.
- Pure SMP — We run a pure Hard-Mode Survival server. If you starve, you die; if a creeper explodes, blocks break. We don't change the gameplay significantly with plugins.
- Mature — We are a drama-free community, and we do not tolerate immature or dramatic players.
MC.RLY.CC is moderated on a case-by-case basis. We have very generalized rules, because we expect everyone on this server to use common sense, and be respectful enough to not have to specifically define what is and is not allowed.
- No Griefing — No altering someone else's build. Do not PvP someone who doesn't want it. Use common sense.
- Play Fair — No x-ray, flying, item duping, or unfair client mods.
- No Drama — Personal attacks are not tolerated. Respect other players, and remember that we are all peers!
This server uses the following plugins:
- CoreProtect — We believe that the victim of large-scale griefing should not be discouraged from playing on the server. For this reason, we run CoreProtect in the event that an area needs to be rolled back.
- Deadbolt — Deadbolt allows us to have security on chests and doors, allowing us to avoid drama related to "stealing." If your chests aren't locked- that's your own risk to take.
- Dynmap — A high resolution interactive world map generator. If you prefer to be hidden from appearing on Dynmap, use the /dynmap hide command in game.
- CraftIRC — We have an IRC channel that integrates with our in-game chat. It's great for talking to people who aren't in-game, and allows us to have essentially constant moderator presence on the server.
- SignColours — SignColours allows players to use colors in signs. You can view a list of available color codes.
- MultiMOTD — MultiMOTD is a simple MOTD plugin that allows us to share our server news with our players when they join the server.
- NameColors — NameColors is developed by a fellow RLY user to assign an arbitrary color to each user's name when they chat. The first time you log on to the server, you're given a random color. You can change your color at any time with /namecolor <color>.
More resources related to the server & community:
- Dynmap — High-res dynamic world map.
- IRC Chat — Join us in irc.rscript.org #minecraft. [Web Chat]
- Discord — Official Discord Chat. [Details]
- /r/mcrlycc — Our official server subreddit.
- MineStatus — Our Minestatus page, showing our uptime.
- Sign colors reference — For sign colors!
- Dynmap Markers reference — For map markers!