The core values of our server:
- Stable — We are a stable community. Our core group has been gaming together for over 10 years, and our Minecraft server has been running for over years with 99% uptime.
- Fair & Legit — We do not spawn blocks, items, or play in creative mode; and we don't artificially inject items into our world with economy plugins. Everything on the server is built with the work and dedication of the players.
- Pure SMP — We run a pure Hard-Mode Survival server. If you starve, you die; if a creeper explodes, blocks break. We don't change the gameplay significantly with plugins.
- Mature — We are a drama-free community, and we do not tolerate immature or dramatic players.
MC.RLY.CC is moderated on a case-by-case basis. We have very generalized rules, because we expect everyone on this server to use common sense, and be respectful enough to not have to specifically define what is and is not allowed.
- No Griefing — No altering someone else's build. Do not PvP someone who doesn't want it. Use common sense.
- Play Fair — No x-ray, flying, item duping, or unfair client mods.
- No Drama — Personal attacks are not tolerated. Respect other players, and remember that we are all peers!
This server uses the following plugins:
- Prism — We believe that the victim of large-scale griefing should not be discouraged from playing on the server. For this reason, we run Prism in the event that an area needs to be rolled back.
- Deadbolt — Deadbolt allows us to have security on chests and doors, allowing us to avoid drama related to "stealing." If your chests aren't locked- that's your own risk to take.
- Dynmap — A high resolution interactive world map generator. If you prefer to be hidden from appearing on Dynmap, use the /dynmap hide command in game.
- CraftIRC — We have an IRC channel that integrates with our in-game chat. It's great for talking to people who aren't in-game, and allows us to have essentially constant moderator presence on the server.
- SignColours — SignColours allows players to use colors in signs. You can view a list of available color codes.
- MultiMOTD — MultiMOTD is a simple MOTD plugin that allows us to share our server news with our players when they join the server.
More resources related to the server & community:
News & Announcements
Congratulations to Waldo on winning Build of the Month for May. I will just quote his description, since I could never do better!
"Hi My fellow mcrlycc serverites !
I actually had to create a reddit and imgur accounts for this, so go easy on me. my first ever submission to this contest, to reddit and to imgur whoohoo !
location coordinates is on images
I have two submissions, or you could consider it one, not sure.
The First is The Pig & Carrot Inn.
From the travel brochure (LOL) :
"Built as a community wayfaring station for zombie harassed travelers.
You will find some food, and shelter at the inn
Don't forget to leave a sign with your date of visit on the wall -a guestbook of sorts !
Travelers are allowed to leave a chest upstairs, this makes the inn a perfect staging spot for ventures into the eastern wilderness.
The Inn also has a history as a drop off spot for exchange between players who live far apart just leave a chest with a sign for who it is for !
Please remember to close gates and doors !"
The Pig & Carrolt Inn wilderness outpost
The second is Waldo's Estate
From the travel brochure:
"Started when Waldo Joined in January 2015, it has been four months to get it looking civilized, well lit & safe from mobs.
The Stately walls surround an entire foothill of the mountainous region in the east, the spawn road was extended past the estate straight shot to minespark's castle. (to be extended further east soon)
Nearby attraction of Waldo-henge is made entirely of snowblocks guarded by snow golems that protect part of the path up.
It remains a dangerous creeper zone though. Hence the creeper face in the mountainside as a warning to travelers.
The mines below the compound are only just started, so while visitors are welcome, please no mining.
Waldo has no tech-mech built here, as this was first started to be esthetically pleasing to the dynamap views, and done organically using mostly stone tools by the hundreds,
the garden is manual but results in nearly a double chest full at each harvest for each type of crop.
The nearby stockyards have been manually bred, and Waldo would LOVE to have a few moo-shroom specimens !
The kings castle -great hall is the beginnings of a museum of sorts showing armor and tools that were first employed.
A Great hall of storage chests is planned,
and the second access road by Erias' base is planned to extend straight thru the plains to the east of Spling's Great Tree as a second spawn road to the eastern wilderness.
Waldo has just started to mine deep and asks fellow players to refrain from traversing their shafts under his territory, so he can
harvest his share of the goodies underground. Soon he will ask for assistance in creating a nether-portal and connecting to the
nether transit system properly, so he can explore the dangers and riches of the nether.
Waldo Remains Immortal, not only immortal, he has not experienced death at all. (...yet LOL)
He was thinking that his estate could also be used as a Player vs Player, siege scenario, two teams one outside, one inside, with rules of no breaking thru walls, they must be scaled using ladders or siegeworks of dirt or other stepping blocks.
THINK capture the flag, instead of a flag a hidden treasure of perhaps a diamond(s) to be captured after wiping out the opposing side as the task to win.
many rounds some afternoon could be had.... so anyone up for organizing this and setting rules, running the show ?
Finally, Waldo's thoughts are that this large realm is the near last spot of civilization leading to the great eastern wilderness.
a perfect spot to stage your adventure East, and have some storage chests on deck to supply you-again, you are welcome to place a chest or three here as needed. Harvest crops and animals. Simply replace what you use and/or leave an IOU sign..."
It's not completely done, and no fancy tech/mech however it has been worked to be a decent looking, organic, large space as a contribution to the overall map. As I said, work done by stone tools mostly (just got a decent iron and coal mine going), there are extensive underground connections to towers and mines as well as the massive caverns this map has that are just started to be conquered. The area is mostly mob-safe with the exception of Waldo-henge, so be careful up there, if they blow it-you rebuilt it LMAO...
I mean really, are any of our builds truly "finished" ? HA !
Waldo World by day
Waldo World by Night