The core values of our server:
- Stable — We are a stable community. Our core group has been gaming together for over 10 years, and our Minecraft server has been running for over 4 years with 99% uptime.
- Fair & Legit — We do not spawn blocks, items, or play in creative mode; and we don't artificially inject items into our world with economy plugins. Everything on the server is built with the work and dedication of the players.
- Pure SMP — We run a pure Hard-Mode Survival server. If you starve, you die; if a creeper explodes, blocks break. We don't change the gameplay significantly with plugins.
- Mature — We are a drama-free community, and we do not tolerate immature or dramatic players.
MC.RLY.CC is moderated on a case-by-case basis. We have very generalized rules, because we expect everyone on this server to use common sense, and be respectful enough to not have to specifically define what is and is not allowed.
- No Griefing — No altering someone else's build. Do not PvP someone who doesn't want it. Use common sense.
- Play Fair — No x-ray, flying, item duping, or unfair client mods.
- No Drama — Personal attacks are not tolerated. Respect other players, and remember that we are all peers!
(TOP) Frequently Asked Questions
- When does the map reset?
Map resets typically happen when the majority of the active players want to switch to a new map. Usually if there are large generator changes that make expanding the map impossible, we start a new map. Our server has been up since alpha 1.2.0 (Oct 2010) and we are now on our 10th map. Map resets will always happen with plenty of notice.
- Is PVP Allowed?
As Rule #1 says: "Do not PvP someone who doesn't want it." MC.RLY.CC is a "hands-off" server; in the interest of Vanilla gameplay, we do not disable PVP [or anything else.] This means that you are free to PVP anywhere on the map. However, on our server we expect everyone to treat each other well. You may engage someone in PVP, but if they say "no" or "stop", you should stop. PVP that is explicitly declined is frowned upon, as well as spawn camping, and killing AFK players.
- Is Pranking Allowed?
In a similar vein, pranking is allowed on the server. Pranking has proven to be an activity that is highly susceptible to starting drama. The usual rules apply and drama caused by these activities can result in bans. Before you prank someone, know the person you are pranking, and their limits. Be prepared to clean up any prank in the event that the pranked player cannot, or does not want to do it themselves. These are common courtesy requirements, and we do not at all discourage our players from doing what they want to do in game. We simply require that everyone do so respectfully and maturely.
- What is CoreProtect?
CoreProtect is our primary defence against griefing and unscrupulous behavior. Our server uses CoreProtect to record block changes and any player can view these changes by using the inspection command. The inspection command allows players to inspect any block to see what has changed in that spot. To enable, use the command "/co i". If you suspect you have been griefed or if you come across a situation where you feel a rollback is necessary, contact any staff member for assistance.
- Can I get a Dynmap Marker?
Yes, you can add markers on the map by using commands in chat. Click here for details on the commands that you can use.
- What do these name colors and symbols mean?
The colors of names in chat are completely arbitrary. The first time you log on to the server, you're given a random color. You can change your color at any time with /namecolor <color>. The prefixed symbols cannot be changed except by staff, and are used to identify players in the following ways:
- @ = Server Staff
- + = Trusted Player [1 Yr+]
- * = New Player [< 2 weeks].
Note: The + rank is only used to recognize those who have been a part of our server for a long time; the symbol gives no special privileges or treatment to the user.
More resources related to the server & community:
- Dynmap — High-res dynamic world map. (!map in game)
- IRC Chat — Join us in irc.rscript.org #minecraft. [Web Chat]
- Discord — Our Official Discord Server. (!discord in game)
- /r/mcrlycc — Our official server subreddit.
- MinecraftServers — Our MinecraftServers page, showing our uptime.
- Sign colors reference — For sign colors! (!colors in game)
- Dynmap Markers reference — Markers available for use on the Dynmap. (!dmarkers in game)
- Previous Map Downloads — Check out our previous maps!