The following rules are not meant to scare people away, but to let people know that we are not an anarchic "anything goes" type server. We don't limit players' abilities use of TNT, lava, etcetera, but we do expect that the players who join our server will use common sense and be respectful of other players. We are all peers, and arguments should be handled civilly. The staff on the server will try to remain neutral and unbiased, but we will not fail to remove people from our whitelist that repeatedly break our rules.
- No Griefing. - Do not alter other peoples builds without permission. Do not PvP when the other party has explicitly declined it. Use common sense, and remember the golden rule.
- Play fair. - X-ray, flying, item duplication, and clients mods that give unfair advantages are NOT permitted.
- No Drama. - Arguments may happen, but if they turn to insults and cursing, everyone loses. Continuing drama is just as bad as starting it. Remember that everyone on the server is your peer, and has a right to their own opinion. We appreciate your maturity and respect for your fellow players.
That's about it for our rules. There are a couple of favors that we would ask of you, though: If you start chopping down a tree- finish the job; Don't leave 1x1, or 2x1 towers; Respect your neighbor's space. Thanks.
MC.RLY.CC focuses on being 100% legit. This means that any block and any creation in the game has come from a players work and survival. We don't use creative mode and we don't use economy mods that can make it easier for people to get certain items. If you want something you have to work for it! That being said, we are not a vanilla server. We run on a craftbukkit server with a few mods to protect our interests and slightly enhance our experience.
- LogBlock - Our server uses LogBlock in the rare event that a new player causes damage on the server. Since we don't roll with any area protection mods, LogBlock allows us to roll back griefing if it does happen. Although we are survival and focus on legitimate play, we believe that if a hard-earned build has been severely damaged, the player who built it should not be further punished by having to repair it. We will roll back major griefing (ie. would take 30 minutes+ to fix) and ban the offending griefer.
- Lockette - Lockette is a mod that allows players to lock their chests, doors, furnaces, and brewing stands from access by other players. You can add allowances for people as well, and the mod also makes the functioning of double-doors smoother. If you put a sign above a double-door that has First-Line:[Private] Second-Line:[Everyone], the doors will both open when one is opened. Lockette is a non-database security plugin, meaning that even when thousands of chests are locked, the performance of the plugin never falters.
- DynMap - We run a high resolution dynamic world map available at mc.rly.cc:8123. This map allows us to mark out points of interest on the server, and see where we are in relation to other players. If you would like to have a marker placed on the map, ask any of our staff who are online and they will be able to add it for you. Make sure you know which marker icon you'd like to use if you want us to add one.
If you prefer to be hidden from appearing on DynMap, use the /dynmap hide command in game.
- CraftIRC - We run an IRC channel that integrates with our in-game chat. CraftIRC is the plugin that allows us to do this! It is nice for those who want to be able to talk to people playing while not necessarily playing themselves. It also allows us to make sure that there is almost always moderator presence on the server, via our moderators being in the IRC channel. We can read up in our logs to see what was said earlier, and players can get in touch with us much easier.
- SignColours - SignColours simply allows players to use colors in signs. You can view a list of available color codes.
- MultiMOTD - MultiMOTD is a simple MOTD plugin that allows us to share our server news with our players when they join the server.
||Likes: Long scenic rail track rides, co-op build time-lapses, efficient exp farms, strip mining, the spawn town.
Dislikes: Zombies breaking down his doors, drowning to death, collecting wood, zombie pig men.
Favorite Color: Green
Favorite Record: Strad
||Likes: Redstone, breaking Minecraft, simplifying the grind of daily life.
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Record: Wait
||Likes: Farming experience, all-in-one houses, building minecart stations, getting records the oldschool way.
Dislikes: planting farms, low ceilings, living in the swamp
Favorite Color: Green
||Likes: Building overly large or overly complex buildings and machines, bunkers, long cart rides.
Dislikes: Rain, jungles, farming, and most of all, ghasts.
Favorite Color: Lapis Lazuli
Favorite Record: Ward
||Likes: Redstone, automated farms, useless machines.
Dislikes: Chickens, Villagers, Dying.
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Record: Cat
"spling, you have wood"
||Likes: Building complex houses, beating down monsters, and outdoorsy/underground/built into nature type builds, busting griefers
Dislikes: Cheaters and liars, dying to dumb stuff
Favorite Color: Gold
Favorite Record: Far
"yur face >=("